At Casper Faith, we do not believe that prayer is "A" ministry of the church, but "THE" ministry of the church. Knowing that prayerlessness is our declaration of independence from God, we seek to make prayer a vital part of every ministry. Our goal is not simply to be a church with a prayer ministry - but a praying church. Jesus said, "My house shall be called a house of prayer" (Matthew 21:13).
12:12 Corporate Prayer
Each Wednesday from 12:12 to 1:12 pm, we unite together in the sanctuary for corporate prayer. The 12:12 moniker is based on two New Testament Scriptures:
- Romans 12:12 - Paul instructs believers to be “continuing steadfastly in prayer”.
- Acts 12:12 - when Peter is supernaturally released from a death row prison cell as the result of the saints’ prayers, he intuitively goes to Mary’s house where he knew the church would be praying. Corporate prayer was a regular thing, not just a
special meeting for Peter’s release. And in this case—the enemy's captive was set free, the plans of darkness were
thwarted, the church was empowered with great leadership, and the kingdom continued to move ahead.
We see this pattern of corporate prayer in the New Testament church all throughout the book of Acts. As they did, mighty things happened:
- The Holy Spirit was poured out in power up on the church and thousands came to Christ - Acts 1:14; 2:4, 41.
- They received boldness to keep preaching the gospel despite persecution and souls continued to be saved - Acts 4:31.
- Barnabas & Paul were launched into missionary ministry resulting in new Christians and churches all over the world -
We pray corporately to see similar things happen. Almost every major revival started as a result of corporate prayer. Our desire is to see God move powerfully in Casper and beyond!
Sunday Morning Intercessory Prayer
Each Sunday, we endeavor to bathe the ministry of Casper Faith in believing intercessory prayer. We have 2 volunteers each Sunday praying for our services.
Our prayer room is available for anyone desiring to spend private time with the Lord, either by themselves or with family and friends. It is located in room 205 and is available during regular church office hours
Monday - Friday 9 am until 5 pm.